FreeSewing on a Cruise

I’m happy to announce that my cruise Tailored at Sea ( Cruises — Bespoke Jam ) has enough participants registered, and that we’re featuring patterns from FreeSewing.org for trousers and t-shirts. We’re taking FreeSewing.org out on international waters!

Since cruise internet is super expensive and sometimes slow, I’m going to run a local version of the FreeSewing website on my laptop via a virtual machine. Participants will connect directly to my laptop and we’ll be able to create and print patterns. This will give us the freedom to explore and try out different patterns without the limitation of needing an internet package.

I’ll definitely report back and show some photos after the trip February 14-21, 2027.

I’ve also been using FreeSewing for pattern drafting courses that are selling out. Everyone who takes the course is very impressed by being able to make custom fit garments and blocks.

Thanks to all of the volunteers who make this site possible!

1 Like