I’d like some shoe patterns.
Specifically, shoes that you (mostly) sew: slippers, ballet shoes, water shoes, barefoot shoes, or socks (to start with). I’ve sewn a few pairs of barefoot shoes to use as indoor slippers, but because they’re ‘fixed sizes’, it’s a bit of a ‘black box’ for me, which also means that any design changes are quite difficult for me. There’s even a free German tutorial (no video) online for ‘made-to-measure’ water shoes. But making shoes using these instructions isn’t as foolproof as using a pattern that’s already been fully parameterised here. And the issue of design changes (how will it look if I change something specific, or: what do I need to change to achieve a certain look) is just as tricky.
So, I would absolutely love to see any kind of footwear pattern here- what do you you think…?
I could help with test sewing, or maybe with the instructions, if a pattern were to be developed.
There is a mostly selfexplaining video (without spoken language, just a few German terms in text) for making a pattern for a pair of (barefoot) shoes depending on your own measurements. The free written tutorial (in German) is linked below the video.
I don’t know if someone here could code a similar pattern. At the moment the needed measurements are not part of the Freesewing measurement set.